Shreya’s little sister’s nursery was painted a pretty lavender. It was decided that the decor would be lavender and gray like her baby shower. Beth gave me free rein to decorate however I wanted.
I used some of the decorations from the lavender and gray baby shower. Using 3M velcro hangers, I hung the lavender, gray and white paper pompoms and lanterns from the ceiling. At first, we were going to hang them over the crib as a mobile. But then, afraid they might fall into the crib, we decided to hang them from the ceiling in the corner.
I hung the fabric banner I created from leftover quilt scraps as a window valance. It had originally been hung in front of the baby shower table.
I made a hairbow holder, using a lightweight board covered in quilt batting and lavender fabric. Then I stretched coordinating ribbons horizontally and stapled to the board in back. Below the hairbow holder, I hung a board I created with old glass doorknobs as hooks, to hang dresses and elastic headbands. I printed the graphic and decoupaged it onto the board and then lightly sanded to distress the board.
Shreya helped me decorate the ABC print I designed and printed off the computer, with silver glitter to accent the I (heart) U. So I had her sign her name in the corner.
I created a little gallery over the dresser with a white shelf, some lavender nursery prints from Etsy, and a large wooden initial M. I embroidered the birth sampler in a hoop. Yep, the tiny fabric banners were from the baby shower cake. The baby shoes are Beth’s from when she was a baby. I planned to set a framed print of the girls on top of the shelf. Not showing the dresser because it still needed to be painted or upgraded somehow.
I created a vinyl name monogram to hang over the crib, using my new Silhouette Cameo and 631 removable vinyl, which is recommended to use on walls.
Finally, I sewed a matching ruffled lavender cushion set for the rocking chair. It was the rocker I rocked Beth in when she was a baby. It was painted white to coordinate with the nursery. Oh, I did make some cute lavender butterfly closet clothing dividers too. I’m still working on other touches for the nursery – which I’ll post photos of later.
Lavender and Gray Nursery Supplies:
Note: These are Amazon affiliate links for which I receive a small commission for my recommendations, but it doesn’t increase your cost. See my Disclosure Policy for more information.
- 16 pcs White Lavender Grey Purple Tissue Paper Pom Pom Paper Lanterns
- Purple Paper Butterflies
- Infant Changing Pad – We used this on top the dresser to make a changing table.
- Gray Chevron Cover – for the changing pad.
- White Lace Baby Shoes – to hang for decor.
- 3 Opening 5×7 White Frame – to hang the nursery prints on the gallery wall.
- Lavender Chenille Crib Sheet – highly recommend this cozy sheet.
- Closet Dividers
- Sticky Label Sheets – for the closet dividers.
- Baby Headbands – these are not pictured, but I purchased and recommend them.
- Baby Hairbows – these are not pictured, but I purchased and recommend them.
- Silhouette Cameo – this is the bundle I purchased – highly recommend.
- Vinyl Transfer Tape – I like this one.