The baby’s nursery was to be decorated in shades of lavender and gray – so it was just natural to plan lavender and gray baby shower decor. We even used some of the shower decor to decorate the nursery afterwards. It was to be a small affair at Beth’s house – and I wanted a simple, yet elegant look.
I planned light luncheon finger foods, with purple punch, water and sweet tea, along with a purple candy buffet. We decorated with purple, gray and white paper flowers and balls we got off Amazon, along with some purple paper butterflies. The napkins were tied to the silver plastic forks to look like butterflies. Water bottles were decorated with purple and gray butterfly labels.
Baby Shower Menu
The cake was 12 inch chocolate layers decorated with large roses in a purple ombre effect. I made the topper with paper straws, ribbon and fabric scraps. It was a hot day and we had to transport the cake from an hour away, so that’s why the icing kind of slid – oops. See my tutorial on how to make the icing roses – it’s so easy. The Secret to Easy Gorgeous Icing Roses.
The diaper cake was in lavender and gray. Go to the post to see how it was put together. Lavender and Gray Diaper Cake.
Note: These are Amazon affiliate links for which I receive a small commission for my recommendations, but it doesn’t increase your cost. See my Disclosure Policy for more information.
- 16 pcs White Lavender Grey Purple Tissue Paper Pom Pom Paper Lanterns
- Lavender & White Shimmer Pearl Sixlets Mini Milk Chocolate Balls 1LB Bag
- Lavender and White Treat Bags
- 3″ Butterfly Cookie Cutter
- Lavender Organza Bags – for Butterfly Kisses Favors
- Butterfly 1″ Paper Punch – for Butterfly Kisses Favors
- Lavender Luncheon Napkins
- Grape Salt Water Taffy
- Lavender Square Plates
- Purple Paper Butterflies
- Large White Linen Tablecloth
- Paper Straws – used for Marshmallow Pops
- Tummy Belt Shower Game